It might not be widely known that Lori, our Executive Secretary, is one of THE best when it comes to baking. A little while ago she brought in some hummingbird bread, which was fantastic. Fortunately, we were able to get this recipe from her and share it with all who are interested. Please note, no hummingbirds are to be harmed in the making of this bread. Send thank you replies to email@example.com for this fantastic creation!
- Sift together: 2 cups sugar
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t cinnamon
- ½ t salt
- 3 C flour
- Add: 2 cups (approximately 3) bananas chopped or sliced (do not mash!)
- 1 8 oz. can crushed pineapple with juice
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup melted butter
- Mix together and add: 1 cup nuts (optional), and 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut.
- Bake in 2 loaf pans for 1 hour at 350° or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Suggestion: spread with cream cheese frosting.
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
1 8-oz. pkg. softened Cream Cheese
1/2 C. softened Butter
1 1-lb. box Powdered Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
Beat ingredients until fluffy Spread between layers, on sides and top of cake.
WELCOME TO ALL!!!
As part of our campaign to advertise ourselves, we've got a new blog page (clearly, you already know about it if you are reading this), as well as twitter, facebook and linkedin sites.
What we hope to accomplish with our new networking venues, as well as with this blog, is to give you, our friends, users and readers, more insight into us as a firm, and insight into us as profession. So, keep checking back as we will have updates, and any questions or suggestions for topics to blog about, shoot them our way!
Now, get outside and enjoy the sunshine!