I feel compelled to share a wonderful chicken recipe and a terrific accompaniment. I hosted a gathering last night and these two dishes paired with a potato dish were absolutely delicious.
The chicken was so flavorful, moist, and tender it melted in your mouth. It was so easy to make too, you friends will think you slaved over this meal. I would give both recipes 5 out of 5 stars!
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Combine the seasonings and coat chicken breasts.
- In large saute pan melt half of the butter and cook chicken over medium heat for about 7 to 8 minutes, turning once.
- Pour the cream into the skillet and lower the heat.
- Simmer for several minutes, stirring until the sauce thickens then add the remaining butter.
- When butter is melted place chicken breasts on four plates and top with the sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Green Beans Amandine
- Prep/Total Time: 20 min.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 pound fresh or frozen green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt, optional
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook almonds in butter over low heat. Stir in lemon juice and seasoned salt if desired. Add beans and heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Analysis:One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with margarine and without seasoned salt) equals 92calories, 7 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 50 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.